Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Competency 6: Specific Facet Search Strategy



Reflection: Before I started searching, I thought about what I wanted to search and decided on medical library and evidence-based medicine as my most specific facet. That was too narrow and returned no results. I tried several searches and combinations of hospital/evidence based medicine/medical library/medical librarians. I was trying to find information concerning evidence based medicine and medical librarians but this particular database did not have any information that I could find. I combined the searches. Filters did not help; too few, if any, searches were returned.

I find Dialog hard to use and not very user intuitive. I think more familiarity to use this service effectively is necessary. I think most of the information found in Dialog can be found easier in databases other in Dialog.