Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Competency 6: Successive Fractions Search Strategy



I searched the ERIC database using:
keyword searching (medical library) AND (hospital)
full-text available search
publication year: 2000-2007

Evaluation: I searched ERIC using the successive fractions search strategy. I find the ERIC database much easier to use than Dialog and to be more user friendly. The successive fractions search strategy proved to be successful in it's ability to find relevant information for my topic. By starting off with keywords, which proved to be too general, and using successive searches to narrow the keywords used, I was able to find information that greatly related to my topic. However, a few times my terms proved too narrow and I did not receive any hits or I received too few hits.